News Letter exchange.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if the members of this forum would think it worth while to approach their respective Orchid clubs with the thought of News Letter / Bulletin exchange, preferrably by e-mail so that it could be up-to-date with one of the Orchid Clubs of which I am a member and Past President.
I don't know what your clubs do about news letters or how they are distributed or even if you have one. My thoughts are that with the exchange of news letters, a greater spread of information and an international friendship in our hobby / interest can be gained. Many on this forum know other members personally, its a bit hard when many of us are 1000's of miles apart.
Are there any members that may be willing to take this to their club/s.

Roy

I'm the newsletter editor(and webmaster) for my society and we do a newsletter exchange with N. CA newsletter editors. There are probably 15 of us that swap monthly newsletters. I think many societies do this Roy since e-mail is free.

Right now our society is having problems keeping up with the web site, but we do produce a brief newsletter too. We do swap around intermitently with some of the other societies in this region, but haven't developed a good system to do this consistently. (We change editors allot, and its a whole new world each time we do this).

The club I'm thinking of here send an e-mail copy of the newsletter to your clubs with a brief note explaining why ie Club friendship & info sharing, they might be will to try it. All we need is some current e-mail address for contact.

Latest posts

Back