Newbie Paph Addict here!...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

potteryman

Hi folks....am new to paph/phrag orchids, and quickly becoming addicted!...have been growing cymbidiums for yrs here in So CA...now venturing into the world of ladyslippers...have recently purchased some plants on Ebay, along with some nice mottled leaf varieties from a specialty market here in the area (blooming, with new growths that are growing, for 8 bucks a pop..sucha deal!).

Am hoping that you experienced growers can offer me some pointers to keep my small collection growing strong....so far so good here...my growing area is a bathroom that has a large diffused skylight, offering a very good amount of light, along with a reasonable amount of humidity...I've placed a small fan in the room for air circulation, and am watering with distilled water..also using Dyna Grow brand plant food, and flushing the bark/perlite/charcoal growing medium every 3-4 waterings with plain distilled water...

Also am hoping you folks can advise me as to the easier growing/easier to bloom plants....watching a paph grow is like watching paint dry!...

Thanks for any info you are willing to share..glad I stumbled upon your site!..

potteryman....

Hi and welcome. Be sure to read through past threads to glean some cultural recommendations. There's also a useful search feature at the top of the page where you can search for specific topics.

Hey potteryman!

Welcome!

I visit inlaws in Escondido annually. Anywhere near there?

Latest posts

Back