Newbie here

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sunsilk

I am a converted rose grower. I have grown and shown roses most of my life... and then I discovered orchids. I didn't think anything would pull me away from the roses, but it's happening! I've been stumbling around in the orchid world for about 4 years now, and I'm beginning to catch on a little.
I've read many of your postings and feel I need to tap into all of that knowledge. The paphs seem to be the dominate orchid in my collection, so I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place.

Sunsilk

Welcome Sunsilk! You've come to the right place!
Tell us more - are you a windowsill grower? under lights? GH?
What paphs do you have?

Welcome Sunsilk.

One of our Orchid Society members (Nashville TN) is also a premier rose grower.

We have our summer picnic at his house, check out his greenhouse, and admire the beautiful rose gardens.

Welcome Sunsilk to slippertalk!! I too grow some roses. I like the stripe varieties (like Sentimental, Saline, and Peaches and Cream)

Ramon:)

Welcome, Sunsilk! You are in the right place.

I love roses, also. Where is used to live, I had about 50 bushes all around the house. When we moved to our current home, though, I decided to not grow roses here. Hostas, Astilbe, and other shade & semi-shade plants do better in my current environment. Grasses seem to have taken over the sunny spots.

Welcome! My uncle grows roses on the fortuniana rootstock and ships them all over the country. I only have one rose, and it's in a pot!

Latest posts

Back