New venustums from Taiwan

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought seven colorful venustums from Taiwan at the Toronto show… good potential for future:

View attachment 38434View attachment 38433
adding these to the Tokyo purchased previously , you must have at least 3 dozens excellent venustums by now , I am in awed . I wish they had venustums like these in the 2 New Jersey shows, I only saw one sole not-in-flower for sale in our shows !!!
Still I think you should look for those red ones .
I wish I bought them years ago ( sometimes, it pays to wait for others to produce a lot of the 2nd generation plants, thus more affordable, however, sometimes, the chance to buy them does not come back)

Attachments

• venustum red 1.jpg
    venustum red 1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Yes I think the Tibetan ones were used. The source was unsure.
Yes I think the Tibetan ones were used. The source was unsure.
Leslie , Which Taiwanese vendor at the Toronto show brought these venustums ?
with the vendor name , I think peoples from the USA could order through TenShin .
Did they tell you that one parent is a Tibetan type? because I kind of expect them to be selfed instead of diluting the color with another light color parent .

adding these to the Tokyo purchased previously , you must have at least 3 dozens excellent venustums by now , I am in awed . I wish they had venustums like these in the 2 New Jersey shows, I only saw one sole not-in-flower for sale in our shows !!!
Still I think you should look for those red ones .
I wish I bought them years ago ( sometimes, it pays to wait for others to produce a lot of the 2nd generation plants, thus more affordable, however, sometimes, the chance to buy them does not come back)
Yes I have around that many venustums of various lines. Like you said, I don’t hesitate to buy them as soon as I am offered them.

The plants were brought over to me by Ching Hua orchids who mediated the sale from his source (who was not disclosed to me, likely a hobby breeder).

Latest posts

Back