New to this forum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

linsoo

Hi there
I was looking for some info on where to buy Stanhopea and happened upon this forum. Glad I did as I halve a lot to learn about orchids. Started collecting about four years ago when my husbands Aunt gave me two from her collection of a hundred or so. I thought it was a little strange at the time that she would have so many orchids - boy did that change! I now have about 75! Don't have a lot of Paphs or phrags but would like to get into them more.
My friends thought me a little strange recently when I got very excited about my Stanhopea Inodora x Nigroviolacea blooming for the first time, but I know you will understand.
I live in Orangeville,On
Linsoo

Welcome to the Forum! You came to the right place. I have been growing orchids for 2 years and this forum has helped me a great deal. There are alot of knowledgeable growers here who don't mind helping the novices, no matter how many questions are asked (I know-I've asked alot).

Welcome linsoo! We're not total slipper snobs here, actuall I'd have to admit I've increased my collection with more that aren't slippers! :eek:
.........My friends thought me a little strange recently when I got very excited about my Stanhopea Inodora x Nigroviolacea blooming for the first time, but I know you will understand....
what I don't understand is ... where's the pic? Did it favor one parent over the other?

And Japan!

japan-flag-large.gif

Back