new to the site

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks slipper fan i just figure if he is now in bali we ,in australia,wont be able to buy plants from him anyway i guess
regards
manfred

manfred said:
thanks slipper fan i just figure if he is now in bali we ,in australia,wont be able to buy plants from him anyway i guess
regards
manfred
I'm just saying I wouldn't make that assumption. The last I knew, but that was a couple of years ago, he still had his place in Australia. And I know he travels a lot.

after reading the article in the latest Orchids Australia, that didn't really clarify the whole issue of how we can source plants from Adelaide Orchids... however, it does seem as though they are doing a fair amount of breeding and flasking... so maybe, that would be one way of sourcing plants (albeit babies) from them...

as far as mature plants, the whole quarantine issue of the plants getting fumigated by methyl bromide and then stuck in a quarantine approved place for three months would still be in place.

plus, issues of CITES... eeep! very complicated!!!

Latest posts

Back