• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New tech items at First Rays

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two new La Crosse Technology items have been added to the Miscellaneous section of the First Rays Store.

The first is a Wireless Weather Station with forecast ability. Used primarily to monitor indoor and outdoor (or greenhouse, as I am doing) temperature and humidity (with a range of up to 330 feet), the unit also displays the time, date (updated automatically from atomic clock broadcasts), barometric pressure and its trend (also used to display a forecast of the day's weather), phase of the moon, etc.
WS9049-100x100.jpg

The second is something for the serious "techies" among you that will really give you some peace-of-mind: a remote Greenhouse Monitor with Alerts. Consisting simply of a wireless transmitter (200' range) and a receiver that connects to your internet router, you may use any browser, whether on a computer, smartphone or tablet, to monitor the greenhouse temperature and humidity, AND - via email and text messaging - receive warning alerts if those go outside of your preset range, and for low battery or a power outage.
alert-100x100.jpg

Both are in-stock now at prices discounted from the MSRP.

Ray, how accurate is the humidity read out on the wireless weather
station? I've had several over the years and the temp. is very accurate,
but the humidity is always out of kilter.

I have no idea what the spec accuracy is, Angela. I can tell you this though, using the La Crosse sensor, another one from Oregon Scientific, and a dial-type hygrometer in my greenhouse, the two electronic ones are within 2% of each other (86% & 88%), while the dial unit reads 98%. The ambient RH (the local weather station is about a mile from here, is 82% as I type this, so I'm pretty comfortable with the numbers.

A while back I compared the Oregon Scientific unit to the readings from a NIST traceable human hair dial-type instrument (borrowed from work), and it was very close. Is it still? I don't know.

Back