New Plants, Paphs & Ascda's

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Two shipments of plants arrived today with one to come. I bought some more Ascocendas in flowering size and compot plus a compot of Vanda coerulea.
I also bought some more Paphs, rothschildianum seedlings to be accurate.
DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg

The roths are, Giant Wings x Black Star...Saltin Pepper x Giant Wings......
borneo x Raven.
There should be some pics of the parents in the paph pic section except for Saltin Pepper...can't find

Roy, I suppose that you can show pict. of those Ascocendas earlier than Vanda coerulea (my preferred one) and roths. Jean

They look nice and healthy, look at the roots on those Vandas! Just out of interest, how long until the Vanda seedling reach flowering size?

Be careful to check the roots of the roths that have yellowish leaves, in my experience either it's the roots, or a nutrient problem, but when they have yellow, mottled appearance like the 2 in the middle, they can collapse and be set back very quickly for many years...

Be careful to check the roots of the roths that have yellowish leaves, in my experience either it's the roots, or a nutrient problem, but when they have yellow, mottled appearance like the 2 in the middle, they can collapse and be set back very quickly for many years...

Sanderianum, the roots were not great. They came to me direct from a compot bare root. The mix I have them in is my new mix which so far has proven to be most successful in getting roots moving fortunately. I use a root stimulant for the first month or so on plants like this. I will keep an eye on them for sure. Thanks.

Back