New Phrags!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. :)
I will have a new shelf set up by a southern window soon! I'll have to clear space for it. Unfortunately the window won't supply enough light for both units.
I'll set up the adjustable shelving units, and then I'm going to customize it. :D
I have 2 sets, and they're 72"H 36W 18D. I can have 200 pounds of orchids on each shelf ;) It comes with 5 adjustable shelves each :) ... Gotta love Menard's sales.

I have a question about new growths.. If there is one starting to grow and the leaf is still attached, do you just let the plant shed the leaf?
My MDC surprised me with a growth "trapped" inside a leaf. I only noticed it now, as the leaf seems fully attached, and the growth can only be seen from the top. I can barely see it, but I doubt it's a root? I'll attach a photo, but it's not a good one.

My paph sukhakulii is also growing a new fan in between a leaf, but it's much closer to the edge. I haven't bothered taking the leaf off because it isn't firmly attached and I figured the leaf will completely shed off when it's ready to.

MDC

Thanks, Justin and NYEric! :eek:
My MDC has 3 growths then.. The small growth that it came with hasn't grown much, but it has gotten a little bigger. :)

Latest posts

Back