new phrags

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sangii

malipo nut
Reaction score
I've just received some new bessae crosses originating from OZ and was wondering if anybody has flowered any of the following crosses or seen pictures of some that have flowered :

- Smoking x Colossal
- Pucker x Colossal
- BleedingHeart x Colossal
- Smoking x Heaven

Yes, I think it should be Smokin' x Haven though. :)

I've seen photos of all except Pucker x Colossal. And flowered several Smokin' x Colossal and x Haven.

I can post some pics tomorrow, maybe. You might also do a search here for Smokin' and Colossal and you might turn some photos up. Actually, I google'd and Stephen's site came up - slipperorchids.info.

Here's a couple http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=besseae smokin&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

I like some of the new OZ crosses, they tend to have very wide petals and very thick substance. Some can be a little TOO wide for some people's taste even!

Sangii said:
I've just received some new bessae crosses originating from OZ and was wondering if anybody has flowered any of the following crosses or seen pictures of some that have flowered :

- Smoking x Colossal
- Pucker x Colossal
- BleedingHeart x Colossal
- Smoking x Heaven

AHH! So your the one who outbid me on these Phrag. besseae... :)

Good luck growing them... are they in good shape and previously bloomed like JC said? I am recieving an OZ cultivar from him soon... and Orchid Zone has TOO many good forms of Phrag. besseae... =)

-Pat

Mahon said:
AHH! So your the one who outbid me on these Phrag. besseae... :)

-Pat

hum , no ! I got those from Sam Tsui when he came over here in Europe !

I'd like to know if someone here outbid me on those salmon/pink besseaes on eBay. $52!?! for one! I am still looking for peach, salmon and EYOF delAssendroi phrags. E.

I have bloomed 20 of the smokin x haven cross, I believe. Have to check the tags. All were very nice. Two were spectacular. Enjoy!

NYEric said:
I'd like to know if someone here outbid me on those salmon/pink besseaes on eBay. $52!?! for one! I am still looking for peach, salmon and EYOF delAssendroi phrags. E.

Email the seller, I think he's selling them for about $25 a piece. You should be able to get these plants for much less than $50 bucks if you look around. And I still don't think that color's going to be guaranteed. Because it is not a particular cross made with a flavum besseae, it could very well be cultural.

Oh, and all's fair in love and war, Eric...;)

Latest posts

Back