New Phrag...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hi all,
I am waiting for a new arrival in my collection!! It's a Phragmipedium caudatum hybrid!!! Could anyone tell me how do we take care of these species? Do we treat them the same as Paphiopedilums? :confused: Any help is appreciated!!!

Thank you very much in advance..., Thanasis

Hello again,

The plant I am eagerly waiting to receive is the plant in the photo!!! It's the one the seller had!!! I never had a Phragmipedium before, so any tip is needed!!! Thank's again!:D

Best regards, Thanasis... :)

Yes, 100% it's Grande.

Thanasis:
You haven't written in your profile were you live but I guess it is somewere in europe. I have seen the same photo on ebay and asked the seller. She said that the tag was lost and now she don't know if it's caudatum or Grande, but the photo shows Grande.

I have mine in semihydro with leca and made the holes lower than other Phrag's. But the roots grow down in the water and the plant seams to like it that way.

Hi all,
Thank you all for the advice... :)

Magicboy: I leave in Greece, temp is around 20-23 oC (or more) in the morning and drops to ~17 oC (inside my appartment) and I grow my plants under fluorescent lights (1 grolux 18W - 1 common 18W)!!!

Thank you for identifying the plant!!!!

Latest posts

Back