New Phrag. kovachii hybrid Phrag ‘Susan Decker’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pablo

Hi...

More news from http://www.phragmipediumkovachii.com!

At the recent New York Orchid Show on April 18th 2007, Glen Decker, Fritz Schomburg and Alfredo Manrique presented one of their new PK hybrids: Phragmipedium ‘Susan Decker’ (Phragmipedium kovachii x Phrag. Cape Sunset)

Check it out at http://www.phragmipediumkovachii.com/Photogallery/gallery/hybrids/Phrag-Susan-Decker.htm

The picture is not as good as we would like it to be but... expect more hybrids and better pictures in the near future!

Pablo Bermudez
webmaster
www.phragmipediumkovachii.com

If I am not mistaken, and I think not, this cross is named after Glen's wife...Suzanne ...therefore this cross is being named Suzanne Decker

Want to guess what this one crossed with Phrag Haley Decker will be named :poke: :rollhappy:

I think it's pretty, but the dorsal sepal is a bit wonky. I'm not a judge, but I wouldn't have thought it would receive higher than an HCC.

Where was this awarded? The linked photo color on my screen appears really pink compared to the one I saw which was deeper toward burgandy. At the GNYOS I left the room when one of the judges was starting to raise a stink about the one presented, I was wondering what he had to compare it with!?!

NYEric said:
Where was this awarded? The linked photo color on my screen appears really pink compared to the one I saw which was deeper toward burgandy. At the GNYOS I left the room when one of the judges was starting to raise a stink about the one presented, I was wondering what he had to compare it with!?!

The plant was awarded at the Redland International Orchid Festival.
This was a different flowering from the one you saw in New York.
Name correction: The hybrid is named Phragmipedium Suzanne Decker

Oops I had something else here that should go somewhere else for it concerns
the registration of the Pk hybrids.

I will remove it now and post it elsewhere on this forum.

Sorry, I keep forgetting that this is only for pictures.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly it the pictured plant doesn't do much for me either. But you have to be careful in judging plants from pictures. They are no substitute for seeing the plant in person.

If somebody hasn't been tinkering with my tags in the greenhouse, I should see Pk x Living Fire bloom soon. Three of the four hybrids I bought from Glen last spring are still wee little, this one is a horse with at least 15" leaf span...

Latest posts

Back