New Phrag. Book!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if this book is still scheduled for a June release through Kew here in the UK? Been checking regularly on their 'Shop' website and still don't see it :(

Gary, I got an email from Koeltz saying that it is in stock for Europe:
http://www.koeltz.com/product.aspx?pid=211514
The price is a little higher than what you expect from the US price.

Hi Naoki, I called Kew this afternoon and left a message for them to come back to me regarding this book and when it would be available. Received a call back this evening saying it should be available for purchase from Kew online bookshop mid-July.

Just in case anyone else wanted to know. I imagine it will be cheaper than Koeltz although of no doubt some of us will be unwilling to wait any longer ;)

Hi all,

Just to let you know.
A couple of minutes ago I visited the Kew online bookstore and noticed that they are now offering the book for pre-ordering. Price £ 90,00 which is seriously cheaper than Koeltz.

All the best,

Rob

It was a long wait, but today I received my copy of the book.

Only did some browsing so far. Have to start proper reading it, but I already noticed some interesting taxonomical views by Mr. Cribb. Which was to be expected I guess. :wink:
Lot of nice photos and drawings though.

Off reading...

Rob

I finally got myself a copy. This book is excellent - just like his treatments of Paphiopedilum and Cypripedium. His take on the taxonomy is interesting and well reasoned.

For me on Fig. 122 the Phragmipedium pearcei looks like a Phrag. richteri. What do you think?

So, has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of Cribb's and Braem's work on the Genus Phragmipedium? I was hoping The Orchid Digest or The AOS would take this on, but nothing so far. I've heard good things about each book, but no comparative study.

Back