New Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Multi Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up these two today.

Paph Oberhausen's Diamant

DSC00077_Small_.JPG

DSC00076_Small_.JPG

Should look something like this:

PaphOberhausensDiamentP.jpg

(Not my picture)

Paph Sacred Dancer

DSC00078_Small_.JPG

DSC00075_Small_.JPG

Should look like this:

PaphSacredDancer2.jpg

or this:

PaphSacredDancer1.jpg

(Again, not my pictures)

The Oberhausen's Diamant has not bloomed yet, any idea when I could expect it to do so? I know sanderianum hybrids can be slow, but this is a pretty big plant, five mature growths and two new ones.

The O's Diamant has 5 mature gowths and two starts, not yet bloomed. I put it with my Brassias, so it should get enough light now. The Sacred Dancer looks to be reliable boomer, it has old spikes on all the mature growths. The grower couldn't remember if it is an alba or coloratum, but it was made with fairrianum album.

Here is my order from Carter and Holmes.
Left to right: Phrag Hanne Popow, Paph Henrietta Fujiwara, Brs caudata alba, Paph lowii, Paph henryanum, and a freebie, Paph St Swithin.

DSC00099_Small_.JPG

Ok, Marco, I lied. I picked these three up today from Odom's Orchids.

Brassia Santa Barbara 'Riverbend'
It was way overgrown in a 6 inch pot, so I put it in a basket with a mix of spagnum and styrofoam peanuts.

DSC00114_Small_.JPG

Paph druryi
This was the last one, they said most of theirs died before they could sell them. I think it may be because it was potted in pure sphagnum moss. I put it in a bark mix, there were a few rotten roots but it still has a fair number of good ones.

DSC00115_Small_.JPG

Paph Julius
Two mature growths and a new one, maybe it will think about blooming within the next decade.

DSC00116_Small_.JPG

Latest posts

Back