New paphs and phals from show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchideya

Paphs. Large one is a blooming sized Paph Lady Isabel from Piping Rock. They didn't have stonei, but I couldn't resist such a nicely sized Lady which was on my wish list too. So I got one instead of stonei for now. The two small seedlings are Fumi's Delight and Dick Wagner from Clouds orchids.

paphs.jpg

Phals. Large ones are cornucervi 'red' and
Phal. I-Hsin George. Small at the front are two Phal. javanica :

phals.jpg

Bloom of I-Hsin George close up:

I-Hsin-George_bloom.jpg

Yes, it is fragrant. It is Penang Girl x George Vasquez, so there is a lot of violacea and a bit of venosa in parentage.

Thanks Ruli and cattmad. I am going to repot today, wondering how the roots are.
Eggshels - the large phals are from Crystal Star Orchids. Two javanicas are from Matt.

Nice acquisitions. Nice small lady Isabel. :poke:

I'm still kind of mad that Eric L. from Chrystal Star never got back to me about Paph hybrids. :eek:

My Lady Isabel is probably 15 years old and hasn't flowered yet. I really think the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is growing five times faster. I hope yours is easier to grow and flower.:p

Nice acquisitions. Nice small lady Isabel. :poke:

I'm still kind of mad that Eric L. from Chrystal Star never got back to me about Paph hybrids. :eek:

Thanks! I hope she is "small enough" to bloom.
Sorry you had such an experience with Crystal Star. I communicate with Ellen and she has been very nice, not to mention gorgeous specimens she brings to the show.

My Lady Isabel is probably 15 years old and hasn't flowered yet. I really think the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is growing five times faster. I hope yours is easier to grow and flower.:p

What?!! I don't know if I want 15 years to wait for the blooms, considering the space it takes.
How large your plant is? This one, that I got, was sold to me as blooming size.

Back