New Paph species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
Hi, I will post more info once the article is published. Stay tuned! :)

ZWUM

Reaction score
Awesome! I wonder who will win! Gorgeous little species

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

Eric Muehlbauer

Is this the "new species" that was being sold on Ebay a few months ago, from the Chinese vendors?

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Looks like a miniature paph, something akin to paph. cahnii. I haven't heard anything about this new species, but I'm starting to wonder if between the two of them, we're looking at a new section or subgenus of paphs altogether. Sort of how delenatii was regarded as an anomalous brachy, but then as more species were discovered, it was clear that we needed to move them all into a new group, the parvies.

Anyway, it's got beautiful foliage, and the flowers look promising. Maybe in a decade or two I'll be reveling in some pretty awesome and all new miniature paph hybrids with strong influence from cahnii and this new species x.

PaphMadMan

phytomanic
Reaction score
Looks like a miniature paph, something akin to paph. cahnii. I haven't heard anything about this new species, but I'm starting to wonder if between the two of them, we're looking at a new section or subgenus of paphs altogether...
The subgenus Megastaminodium was published by Braem & Gruß in the Orchid Digest (75[3]: 164-165) on 1 July 2011, for Paph canhii. I don't know if anyone else has followed that or proposed anything else. How this plant will be treated remains to be seen.

Latest posts