New Paph Book???

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a little leary of a book that claims "All Secrets Revealed". What- now our slippers are secretive? I am currently savoring Lance's Manual. I like the combination of his experience,knowledge base and common sense approach-be an observant grower. OK, and I like the pictures alot,too!!

I wish them luck, how many would pay $200 for a soft cover book?
The price would have to come down alot before I'd consider it.
But wait ..... maybe I'm looking at it in the wrong way .....
it's only 60 cents per page!

Whoa...that's pricey! I think Lance's book has it all covered anyway and I have that one (very well read) already.

Sounds interesting. Seems difference to Lances book so it is not a direct comparison. I'd like it but the cost!!!

The best Paph book is easily Harold Koopowitz's recent release.

David

As everyone else has said, the price is way more than I am generally willing to pay for a book, especially if I am not familiar with the reputation and experience of the authors. Are any of our European members familiar with the authors?

As well by the same author:

Panzer Gunner and Panzer Gunner II:The RETURN

About a canadian that drove a german tank - Panzer...

Both can be read peacefully at home with some quality music maybe, the romantic "es zittern die morschen Knochen" or possibly the nostalgic "Horst Wessel Lied" come to mind...

Never heard about the authors in the paph world, and their published appears to be a publish-yourself company.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARSCHFICK ! :evil:

As everyone else has said, the price is way more than I am generally willing to pay for a book, especially if I am not familiar with the reputation and experience of the authors. Are any of our European members familiar with the authors?

indeed a quite high price for a book of this kind (even in Germany or Switzerland - but note the book is not on sale neither in DE nor in CH!). Even though I would not use "Harte Worte" as knowing everything about Paphs, I would say it is a bit suspicious (for a horticultural book) that the only other books of Dr. Alexander Friesen are in Medicine (matching with his studies)

As per the books posted by Sanderianum, I doubt they are from teh same author. Bruno Friesen, if indeed not as common as Pedro Lopez in Latinamerica, can be as common as John Smith... But who knows... as I said I do not know everything about the world...

as per Sanderianum... sorry guy, but I think your post is VERY offensive!

Back