New one in from Orchid Inn

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam is speaking at my local society next week. I "had" to order to support our speaker... My husband did not completely buy my rationale and reminded me that I had just ordered from Sam not too long ago....

too funny..... not sure if this is still true, but Sam used to wave his speaking fee if the society purchased more than 100$ worth of plants. When he spoke at SEPOS a few years back, i covered that with my order.... his inventory is like a candy shop... and no adults around to stop us from sampling...

I live in Canada so I have to wait for group orders to get plants from vendors like OrchidInn. If I was in the US I would be drowning in plants, so many large vendors!. We did have an Orchidinn order organized by John Doherty last month, where I got 3 plants and I already want more lol.

too funny..... not sure if this is still true, but Sam used to wave his speaking fee if the society purchased more than 100$ worth of plants. When he spoke at SEPOS a few years back, i covered that with my order.... his inventory is like a candy shop... and no adults around to stop us from sampling...

It is a dangerous place. The only thing that helped me this last time was the limitations of my growing space. COVID isolation has not been good for my self control. I thought with the shows being canceled I would save money. It did not really work out that way.

Sam has gone up on his fee waiver threshold. It is now $500 in pre-orders for an in-person talk and $750 for virtual engagement. $100 was probably too easy.

It is a dangerous place. The only thing that helped me this last time was the limitations of my growing space. COVID isolation has not been good for my self control. I thought with the shows being canceled I would save money. It did not really work out that way.

Sam has gone up on his fee waiver threshold. It is now $500 in pre-orders for an in-person talk and $750 for virtual engagement. $100 was probably too easy.

i was about to correct you, and then realized what i had typed above...

i meant

1000$

I live in Canada so I have to wait for group orders to get plants from vendors like OrchidInn. If I was in the US I would be drowning in plants, so many large vendors!. We did have an Orchidinn order organized by John Doherty last month, where I got 3 plants and I already want more lol.

Small world, Got a flask of delenatii and a Cattleya walkeriana plant from Sam organized by John Doherty last month.

Ha! Ha! Ha! I want an honest report on NYE. I think I’ll eat my last bon bon now. 😁

Ya it's really tough to get out of a Sam order for less than a grand... If you visit him without a targeted list of stuff to look at, your totally hosed.....

I love orchid inn too. New orchid types for me beginning w Lock down in NC and moved recently back to Tampa Florida. Easy to develop obsession but reality has set in. At least 35 ladyslippers Plus flask or two and some com pots - and no more! Orchid grower for 30 plus years but these are my new favorites! Live this forum. Here’s partial collection-good to know I am not the only crazed collector in the world! Have twelve in bud/bloom.

View attachment 22042
To those that aren't aware orchidinnn has 3 day blackfriday sale starting today. 15 - 40% off.

Latest posts

Back