• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New LED Light

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the rep told me they are good from 86-265 V.

I am looking forward to a new addition to the line - a 28W, 360 chip, 4' light that we are working on at the moment.

"E" means it's an Edison base, the number is the nominal diameter in millimeters, so I would think that the E26 would be the more "universal" one. I have shipped about a dozen of them to customers in Europe, and have heard no complaints.

"E" means it's an Edison base, the number is the nominal diameter in millimeters, so I would think that the E26 would be the more "universal" one. I have shipped about a dozen of them to customers in Europe, and have heard no complaints.

Thanks for the info, I've found other sites as well that state that they are interchangeable so that wont hold me back from ordering.

Only need to find a spot for a good growing space.

I am actually debating going forward with them.

My manufacturer & I had a miscommunication. I thought they were standalone, he was talking T8 replacements, and those require folks to bypass the ballast.

But to covert to any LED florescent you have to bypass the ballast, or buy one strictly for that. Nothing new there. I would be interested in what the price would be. If it is cheaper than some of the LED floros than I would be interested.

As a trial, 20 of the 4' "T8" LED lamps are being manufactured.

They are 28 watt, standalone bulbs, consisting of 300 white and 60 red chips, putting out 2500-2700 lumens. They are usable in a fluorescent fixture if you bypass the ballast, but I also have standalone fixtures coming with them. Like the current 13W lamps, these are usable at 85v to 265v.

I have seen 4' LED T8 lamps run from $25 to $100 (lower wattages and plain white), but I suspect these will fall in the $55-$65 range, with the fixture. I'll have to see what the shipping cost is.

They are in.

If used in a 4' T8, T10, or T12 fixture, you must bypass the ballast, running one leg of the AC power to each of the two lamp holders. If you don't want to bother or are not as handy, I also have ready-to-use fixtures (pictured).

T8LED.jpg

That's good! Availability and prices? Do these T8 LED tubes need similar power supply to conventional T8s? With another words: are they replacable to each other?

That's good! Availability and prices? Do these T8 LED tubes need similar power supply to conventional T8s? With another words: are they replacable to each other?
The pricing and availability are listed in our online store. I will ask that you reread my description above concerning the interchangeability.

Oh, thanks. If I mean well there is nothing to do only connect it directly to 220 V AC, so other electronical accessories must be removed or bypassed.

Latest posts

Back