New Items

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

We've listed two new items on the Fox Valley Orchids website. First, a selfing of Eron Bourne's Phrag. sargentianum 'Really Red' ; arguably the best sargentianum flower anyone's ever seen in terms of color. Potent breeding material for anyone interested in remaking the classic Phrag. besseae primary hybrids. Seedlings have 4-5" leaf spans.

The second item is a division of our Phrag. besseae 'Fox Valley' FCC/AOS stud plant. It's a two growth (0-1-1) division that should bloom in season. It's not been offered before in the U.S. and should be an attractive acquisition for the connoisseur Phrag. collector/breeder. See detailed descriptions of both items at www.foxvalleyorchids.com.

Thanks - And hope everyone's having a great summer!

Nice!
Quick question Tom, when you list 0-1-1 does that mean it bloomed on the second and third growth?
Thanks.
GO CUBS!!

Jake,

This plant is the result of air layering one of two new growths emerging from the base of the Phrag. besseae 'Fox Valley' FCC/AOS mother plant, so the configuration is (0-1-1). The new growth that was air layered has itself become mature at 15" leaf span and has a new growth now emerging from it's base. Had we included the mother plant in the division, it would have been listed as (1-1-1) Go Cubbies indeed! This is our year!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure I understand, but I have noticed my bessea's new growth has been hard to control and get under the medium. I will have to look up air layering.

I think it is our year indeed! Playing solid baseball!

More New Items!

Just made a couple of changes to the FVO website that might be of interest:

1) Reduced prices by 20% on all Paph. Hybrids through the Labor Day weekend.

2) A couple of new flask offerings:

a) Phrag. fischeri 'Fox Valley' (x self) - Two available @ $ 175/ea + s/h

b) Paph. Wossner Tigerkuli (sukhakulii 'York' AM/AOS x tigrinum 'Fox Valley') -
Three available @ $ 95/ea.+ s/h

Thanks!

YAY tigrinum crosses!!!

Can't wait to crack my open manana!

Go Cubs!!!!!!!

Hi Angela,

May have been a temporary hiccup of the website. Couldn't get the online catalog to come up this morning either, but it seems to be ok now on our desktop as well as my iPhone. Pls let me know if you're still having issues.
If there's still a problem, you can call me at 630-209-0836 and I'll take your information over the phone.

Tom

Tom,

I emailed you yesterday but it can't be delivered, I just called you and left a message. I'd like to get three of your paph hybrids if you still have them.

Thanks

Nice talking with you today, Guy! Anyone else having problems ordering via the website can contact me directly by phone or text me at (630) 209-0836. FYI - All orders received through this weekend will be shipped on Tuesday, Sept. 6.

TomK

Latest posts

Back