New in North Carolina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khstage

Reaction score
New member here, in North Carolina. I am getting started with orchids again after being inactive for many years. Specifically, I am in search of several Paphiopedilums developed by my grandfather, Harry Stage. These hybrids were done through the Rod McLellan facilities in South San Francisco in the 1970’s. Specifically, I am trying to find Paph Harry Stage, and Paph Jennifer Stage (named after my daughter by Harry). So far, after many searches and inquiries, I have been unsuccessful. Any information or leads to procure these plants would be most appreciated!
Key Stage
Edenton, NC

Welcome aboard (from Oak Island NC), Key.

I used to have a Harry Stage, purchased from Rod McLellan on a business trip to the west coast decades ago, but it was unfortunately lost to a greenhouse freeze when I lived in PA.

It and Jennifer Stage are not that common in cultivation, although I like the idea of (godefroyae x philippinensis), but another of Harry’s crosses, Iantha Stage (sukhakulii x rothschildianum) pops up from time to time.

Since moving here 5 years ago, I am far less in the “buying” these days, so don’t keep up with vendors that closely, but there are bound to be some ideas coming from others.

Last edited:
TY Ray! I did find a Paph Iantha (my gtrandmother), and discovered that it was the most famous and awarded of all. Hopefully, this forum may give me a lead!
Key Stage

I found this in the greenhouse today Wilmington, NC. I have never been able to get any blooms and it has been here for 10+ years. From Carter & Holmes.FF94FABA-87D7-416D-B902-E0EEDDD415F4.jpegp

Sad....I sure am not an expert on suggestions, but I have seen pictures of the blooms. Iantha was my Grandmother....hybridized by my Grandfather Harry. I am having an awful time finding Paph Jennifer Stage (my daughter). Almost seems that the only plants I can find of this are in Europe...and they do not ship to the US.

I do have an Iantha Stage, but so far no luck with Paph Harry Stage or Paph Jennifer Stage. I did find a Jennifer Stage but it was in Lithuania! And they do not ship to the US....

I do have an Iantha Stage, but so far no luck with Paph Harry Stage or Paph Jennifer Stage. I did find a Jennifer Stage but it was in Lithuania! And they do not ship to the US....
Oh, that's quite far. Hope there's another way for you to get it. Did it originally come from the US?

Latest posts

Back