• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Illustrated List from Hengduan Mountain Biotech

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From this morning's email:

"Dear friends and customers,
In the attachment file please find our price list for San Francisco POE orchids show held in Feb. 2013. Please feel free to give this PDF file to anyone that might have interest in it. Please read the following information before place your order:
1,Order timing: Please send us your order confirmation as soon as possible.
2, How to order: Please refer the PDF price list file, and write to [email protected] or [email protected] for confirming availability, price and postage cost.
3, How to pay: We receive your payment by cash at the show site or via our Paypal account: [email protected], please add 3% commission fee, as paypal China charges us 6% commission fee, so we share the cost with our costumers.
4, How to deliver: We would bring over your pre orders and deliver at the show site or send by US Priority Parcel.

Mrs. Wenqing Perner
Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology"

I have posted the PDF list HERE.

Thank you Ray very interesting. And what about the Cites? Are there included in the prices?

Those are the already-cleared prices as shipped from within the US to US destinations.

I suggest you contact them directly for shipments elsewhere. Considering Holger's European origin, I suspect they are well-versed at shipments there.

Charles - I copied-and-pasted. Good catch on the email address.

Angela - I had not considered that, but didn't you read the email? They will be happy to ship to you from there.

I got plants from Hengduan in early November, they charged a flat $15 for shipping from the Slipper Symposium in Orlando regardless of number of plants ordered (I'm guessing shipping from CA will be a bit more but still very reasonable). Everything was top-quality; big and healthy, particularly at the roots, and as good as I've gotten anywhere. I wish I had the finances to order again from them right now, really want to get some of their Dens and Holcs...

Well if she thinks I'm going to take that risk, she had better commit to spending a lot more on the plant than that list shows!!!

Wenqing told me they're waiting on re-approval of their website's registration by the public security authority. I didn't ask for more details but she made it sound fairly routine, if maybe uncertain as to when exactly they'll get the green light. Email still works, or did last time I emailed with them a couple of weeks ago...

The Glorius People's Democratic Republic objects the insinuation that our State Authorities work with anything other than the utmost efficiency and speed!

Uh, Ray and Charles, I'm standing right here, ya know. And it is the weather I'm concerned about. Ray dear, you do buy for re-sale sometimes. It was just a thought if you planned to attend POE and/or do some deals. I bet you can sell anything you want to let go of with a decent margin of profit. I intend to splurge this spring when shipping is relatively safe and I have no objection to a mark-up for your trouble. So there!

In addition, I trust your judgement on the quality of the plants more than the sellers.

....Just busting your chops, Angela.

I'm afraid there will be few-to-no orchid exursions for me, pretty much through the end of next year. The company that gave me an early retirement package in 2009 has rehired me on a contract basis, so I am now having to juggle two, full-time jobs.

As to the quality of Hengduan Biotech's plants, I only got two, but saw a bunch, and they were quite good - better than many imports I've seen - and the Pernars stike me as folks who will stand behind their stuff, so I wouldn't worry too much about shipping issues or losses.

Uh, Ray and Charles, I'm standing right here, ya know. And it is the weather I'm concerned about.

For Pete's sake, You live in Kentucky!! i bet the average daytime temp there is 50F, and down to 35F at night. I can't think of any plants you couldn't ship. :poke:

aremniacum album price is interesting

he wanted in dresden 500€ for a spiking plant and I think he did not sell it now the price comes down

Back