New here- Ernie

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ernie

Hey everyone! I'm Ernie. Got fed up with the other site too. Been doing the orchid thing for almost 10 years and grow mostly slippers. Plant count in four digits all under fluorescent lights. Don't do forums much- busy and expecting our first baby (mysteriously conceived about the time my Cyc cooperi bloomed last and we shot the pollen at each other), but will try to check in once in a while. Travel a bit giving talks and sell plants on the side in addition to my paying job as a pharmaceutical researcher at U Illinois Chicago. Fish taxonomist by training (Florida Tech undergrad; George Wash U & Smithsonian Nat Hist Mus grad) and try to be a student of Paph phylogenetics now for fun to keep up with things. Addicted to wet, expensive hobbies (tropical fish, making beer, orchids).

Cheers,
Ernie

Ernie,

Welcome aboard!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that name sounds familiar....... You will understand if you read one of the threads here wherin people reveal their darkest secrets......

Robert

Welcome, but watch out for Heather. She's looking for a Paph. stoniei x adductum and I dont think that she's beyond killing to get it. E. :p

Welcome to the forum Ernie! Glad to have you here.

Hey Wolf,

The other site Ernie is referring to is the Slipper Orchid Forum at www.slipperorchidforum.com Many of the members here used to be members over there, but were kicked out for various reasons and never a good reason at that.

I could point you to threads here discussing the issues with that place, but I am lazy.

? Oh no. Didn't see anything about me on quick perusal. Where should i look??? Do I have to defend myself? :)

-Ernie

PHRAG said:
The other site Ernie is referring to is the Slipper Orchid Forum at www.slipperorchidforum.com Many of the members here used to be members over there, but were kicked out for various reasons and never a good reason at that.

I could point you to threads here discussing the issues with that place, but I am lazy.

Even if I wasn't banned for an idiotic reason, I would visit there rarely now because of the recent addition of all those annoying advertisements! YUCK!

I remember when J and I started this saying that I had few requirements, as long as we kept the logo simple and no ads!! Talk about clutter! :rolleyes:

Heather said:
...the recent addition of all those annoying advertisements! YUCK!

I remember when J and I started this saying that I had few requirements, as long as we kept the logo simple and no ads!! Talk about clutter! :rolleyes:
I agree. It is annoying. And please do keep keeping it simple. Thanks.

Ernie said:
? Oh no. Didn't see anything about me on quick perusal. Where should i look??? Do I have to defend myself? :)

-Ernie

No, this was just a reference to the name Ernie – same type, different token. It's at the bottom of this thread.

Latest posts

Back