New Hampshire Society Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Hi guys!
Whew, 2 days done, 2 to go.

I have no time to post good photos but here is a link to our video tour.

http://www.visualtour.com/shownp.asp?sk=13&t=1379568

I am happy to report that after the change of the display committee two years ago, I'm finally learning! With a lot of help, we met one of my main goals which was to finally win at least a ribbon. Well, we won the show trophy for Best use of Show Theme, and two blue ribbons (I think one for theme and one for best overall, but we did not win the AOS trophy for best overall.)

Anyway, I'm pooped but wanted to check in!

(oh, and Eric, Glen gave me one of the besseaes from the river for helping him out. :p (Actually, I paid a dollar for it cause I felt guilty that he wouldn't let me pay for it.)

Hi guys! ..........
(oh, and Eric, Glen gave me one of the besseaes from the river for helping him out. :p (Actually, I paid a dollar for it cause I felt guilty that he wouldn't let me pay for it.)

Ouch! salt in the wound!

Congrats on the show!

I need to add that one of the really nice things about doing this sort of show is working with a Slipper vendor to help with sales. Or any vendor - it is a GREAT way to learn orchids you might not know much about! Not only regarding what I will say below, but also, it really made me much more confident giving my first ever Power Point Presentation today to the public; which was also my first ever Slipper presentation. Having had a few hours to listen to him give out information and fine tune what I should be saying was invaluable! To have a lot of it echo what I was planning to say anyway was very vindicating. I know what I do and what I have been successful with, and that is useful, but everyone has different collections and conditions. I learned a huge amount today!

Glen has also been EXTREMELY amenable to my handing out our forum's business cards to people who are new to growing slippers, or really interested in them. Look for a few new members and welcome them if you have the time please!

It's really a win, win situation I think. Plus, Glen's just a doll to work with. :)

The show looks great, and what a bonus to work with a great grower like Glen for a little while.
Is your display one of the numbered ones in the photo presentation? If so, which one?
Have fun at your presentation today, I am sure it will be great!

I'm glad to hear [read?] that your presentation went well and I'm truly sorry I couldn't make it up there. Hopefully this Spring will provide more opportunities for our community to meet. :) P.S. You have business cards?! :eek:

Thanks guys.

We are display number 1 in the video - front and center! We also found out this afternoon that we won the Orchid Digest Award for Best non-vendor exhibit. So, we took two show trophies!

I'll try to get more photos up tonight.

and yes, Eric, we have business cards. If anyone wants some to spread the word at local shows, please let me know!

Wow, judging group can make one snooty! I can't believe you've lost my addy after all we've been thru. :sob: OK!

All we've been through? And what might that be?

I have your address somewhere, I just didn't have the time and energy to look for it at 2 or 5 or whatever the heck time I was posting that message this morning!

Hey guys, just wanted to report - I saw the hit count today for our virtual tour and second to our NHOS website, the Slippertalk link posted above had the next most counts!!! AWESOME!!

This is good for us and for my society so keep 'em coming!

(and again, if anyone wants cards sent to them....please let me know!)
I haven't heard much from most of the vendors out there...:poke:

Latest posts

Back