New Guy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Utonium

Reaction score
Hi. I'm the new guy on Slippertalk. <waves hello> I received my first orchid as a gift from my department manager (and mentor) back in 2005. It was a Cat cross. Sorry... not a Paph! Now... I've got over 150 in my house. Yup... orchids are like Tribbles! Heheheeee!

Welcome to the forum. I'm a relative newbie, too.

Tell us more about you and your collection. Where are you located? What your growing conditions? What kind of slippers do you like & prefer? Paphs? Multiflorals? Species? Complex? Phrags?

Welcome from Luxembourg!!!! I, too, started with catts, but after joining ST, my Paph/Phrag department extended frighteningly :) !!!! Jean

Welcome to the forum. I'm a relative newbie, too.

Tell us more about you and your collection. Where are you located? What your growing conditions? What kind of slippers do you like & prefer? Paphs? Multiflorals? Species? Complex? Phrags?

Growing up in Iowa left me with a bit of a green thumb. :) I lived in IL for 18 years, and picked up the Orchid hobby there. I moved to Salt Lake City, UT about 7 years ago. A wee bit harder to grow here due to the low low humidity. Right now, I grow in the house. I'm looking at creating an indoor greenhouse in the basement in the next couple years. I have a wide variety of Paphs. I've started collecting a number of species in the last 6 years.

I'll post a photo of my "East Paph window" once I figure out how to post photos.

Ok. I figured out how to attach photos. Only allowed SMALL photos! :)

This is the East Paph window.

Attachments

• 2013-11-10_12-12-04_443_sm.jpg
    2013-11-10_12-12-04_443_sm.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 35
Welcome Bruce. Glad you made it hear. I know you will enjoy the discussions and especially the pics. And by the way, the callosum you gave me is in spike. Thanks again.

Welcome! You will need to upload your PICs through Photobucket or another then copy and paste the IMG links into your post. Do it in advanced mode that way you can proof read your post before releasing it.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! And thanks Chicago Chad for telling me of the group. Chad, that callosum split is from the first Paph I ever owned. :)

Welcome from Cajun country! Oh, please update your profile with at least your state so we will know in future posts where you are. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back