New Guy Question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the welcomes!!
If the flower lasts until the next meeting, it will be taken to the meeting, and meet the members. I am surprised that it has lasted this long. Some of these orchids will bloom, and keep their flowers much longer than other flowers. This is my first experience with them, and it is very interesting. I knew little about other flowers, and even less about orchids. They might turn out to be fun.

:):):)

yup, vanilla flowers often last less than half a day whereas {i've heard} Paph mastersianum flowers can last three months in the jungle

Thanks for the welcomes!!
If the flower lasts until the next meeting, it will be taken to the meeting, and meet the members. I am surprised that it has lasted this long. Some of these orchids will bloom, and keep their flowers much longer than other flowers. This is my first experience with them, and it is very interesting. I knew little about other flowers, and even less about orchids. They might turn out to be fun.

:):):)

They will turn out to be very addictive! But it's a good addiction.

Here is the update:
The little flower with the big purple nose has lasted for over 5 weeks so far, and took a car ride with us to the Tulsa Orchid Society meeting. Several people admired it, and all came to the same conclusion-it is a "complex hybred". After the posts on this board, I had expected the other experts to say the same thing. Some of the members there have been raising orchids for decades, and know what they are talking about.
There were other orchids there, and I am beginning to understand why some are so passionate (obsessed?) with these flowers.
The little flower had 5 new companions on the ride home. I am afraid that they are starting to multiply already.
Thanks to all the people on here that took the time to help me, and thanks to the wonderful people of the TOS who are sharing their knowledge with us.

:):)

Welcome to you from the other side of the pond, and good luck with your new venture. I have been at it for over 40yrs and still know very little, but there are members here that will always give you good information.

Ed

Back