New Greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in San Diego, it about .30-50 cents more per BF for redwood then treated. Pine does all kinds of things as it dries. CA has made it expensive because of the chemicals in the wood. They have also changed to chemical to treat the wood so only last about 5 years or so.

I'm not saying it a bad choose and won't last....

Just my 2 cents......

the stuff i had is graded for decking (HEM FIR) and posting so i think i will be okay and i have used several pieces past 8 months that have been directly exposed to weather and they are holding up well

:poke:

:wink:

LIKE THIS?

photo-75.JPG

photo-74.JPG

If you are going to go with treated wood make sure it's kiln dried to moisture content of about 12-18 %. If you can take from the outside of a new stack and as with any wood, put them on dunnage to keep them off the ground and cover to keep the rain off it as you store it.

If you are going to go with treated wood make sure it's kiln dried to moisture content of about 12-18 %. If you can take from the outside of a new stack and as with any wood, put them on dunnage to keep them off the ground and cover to keep the rain off it as you store it.

thanks

Have Dot come to your place to build a G/H! :p
:rollhappy:

Actually, when I saw this photo, I was reminded of one of my "summer" greenhouses. It collapsed in a storm just as my glass house was being built. Luckily, there were no plants it it at the time. But it served me well for about 5 growing seasons.

measures 9 x 12.5 on bottom..ten feet to six feet slant roof (the sheathing is temporary until get more treated wood (it only acts as insulation around the bottom, not for stability)..i still have to place the exterior roof (6ml plastic for now)...but the slant roof should help with the apples that will come in august..they will just fall down to the back of the yard..and needs a door..the outside plastic is one continuous piece of plastic ..i find its important to have as few breaks and punctures(staples nails etc) in the plastic as possible for when the wind comes
photo-79.JPG

photo-80.JPG

plants are all in and much happier to be out if the bedroom..and as expected ..this project costs twice the cost i estimated and thrice the amount of time estimated

Back