Quantcast

New Greenhouse under construction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

L

lienluu

Guest
Started work on my new greenhouse today. It's not huge but will really help the space crunch. It's 15 feet long by 6 feet wide.

 
L

lienluu

Guest
Ron-NY said:
a greenhouse with a view...NICE!! What part of the city do you reside in?

In Manhattan, in the Upper West Side, a block from the Hudson River.

 

Candace

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
4,855
Reaction score
0
Location
Elk Grove, CA
How does that work when you live in the city? Do you have to rent roof space? Gorgeous view and I assume you'll be treating the wood?
 
L

lienluu

Guest
Candace said:
How does that work when you live in the city? Do you have to rent roof space? Gorgeous view and I assume you'll be treating the wood?
Nope, i don't have to rent the roof. I'm lucky and have a HUGE terrace (huge, by nyc standards at least, about 1500 sq. ft.). Yup, treating the wood and covering with 8mm triple something polycarbonate.
 
C

cdub

Guest
lienluu said:
Yup, treating the wood and covering with 8mm triple something polycarbonate.
So is there like a Home Depot in Manhattan or what?
 
L

lienluu

Guest
cdub said:
So is there like a Home Depot in Manhattan or what?
Yup! There are actually two in Manhattan. The first one opened up about 3 or 4 years ago. There is also one in Queens and one in the Bronx. Maybe in Brooklyn too, but i haven't a clue.
 

Hien

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
70
lienluu said:
Started work on my new greenhouse today. It's not huge but will really help the space crunch. It's 15 feet long by 6 feet wide.

sweet life.
You have to hurry up finish that greenhouse to have space for new acquisition, The GNYOS show date is pretty close.:p
 
G

Gideon

Guest
Nice Lien, how about adding progress shots as it is being done?
 

Latest posts

Top