New gigantifoliums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polyantha

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Santa brought these gigantifolium siblings a little earlier, because snow is coming. In three days from Taiwan to Switzerland (with CITES and Phyto control). He must have some frickin' fast reindeers!

gig1_zpsd619991e.jpg~original

gig2_zps8801d592.jpg~original

gig3_zps62a90ecb.jpg~original

gig4_zpsd8aec6ef.jpg~original

Best wishes
Yanik

very nice plants there! much healthier and larger than most plants I see from overseas.

Really, REALLY nice plants you got there. I guess santa has updated his reindeers to newer editions, with special abilities to teleport. :D

I think I n more jealous of this posting then any thread I have seen at slippertalk. Amazing plants.

Wow! Yeah, that's a nice (pre-)christmas gift. Healthy plants even with seemingly nice roots!

Excellent!! Bloom the best one get a hold of a good kolo and cross them!!

I will use them as mother plants. I do not like the primaries so much, but if my kolos bloom I will make a cross and send the seedlings to you :rollhappy:

Very nice group of healthy gigantifolium Yanik:):drool:
Mine is makink strong new roots, I have folowed your advices, my pot on my heater with a lot of water
Thanks again

I think some of them are in blooming size right? The color of the leave is much darker than mine.

My other two gigs I have for many years are a little bigger, so I am not quite sure if they are already blooming size.

Very nice group of healthy gigantifolium Yanik:):drool:
Mine is makink strong new roots, I have folowed your advices, my pot on my heater with a lot of water
Thanks again

Good to hear! Once gigs make good roots they can speed up like crazy. If you have a healthy plant they can go from new growth to flowering size growth in no more than two years. And these growths are big. A friend of mine told me that gigs collected in asia can reach 150cm (60in) leaf span.

Back