new Ghost Orchid-inspired painting

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
Robin Street-Morris. Ghost Orchid II: Dendrophylax lindenii. 2008.
Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 12" x 17" (30.48 x 43.18cm).

ghostorchidII.jpg

:drool: Robin, Robin, Robin your talent is amazing. Keep it up and keep posting!

-Steve Jobs (Ernie)

I saw it a couple of days ago on her website. Not only did it make me want to add it to my 'wish' list, but it made me think again about having a ghost orchid of my own.

Again, if you have not checked out her website you absolutely MUST.

However, there are some pieces that you should absolutely NOT be interested in. Those would be, "Fathom Five," the "Godai" series of 5 pieces, "Lakeside," and "Autumn Dryads." Don't even THINK ABOUT IT!

Craig

Thanks, guys! Craig, you are very sweet--I think you're going to end up financing my next trip to see my parents and native orchids! I'm holding all you mentioned here till you decide.

Thanks for noticing that, Dot.

I resisted the urge to allude to stars in this piece like I did in my last Ghost painting (which was never posted here). It’s this flower’s evening qualities that appeal to me most, as with most other orchids I like aside from slippers (and I like the icy ones of those, too). I’ve long since researched how I might grow this orchid myself with a chance of not killing it, and I have a plan—pretty cool since a good friend of mine is sending me one! Wish me luck.

Thanks for noticing that, Dot.

I resisted the urge to allude to stars in this piece like I did in my last Ghost painting (which was never posted here). It’s this flower’s evening qualities that appeal to me most, as with most other orchids I like aside from slippers (and I like the icy ones of those, too). I’ve long since researched how I might grow this orchid myself with a chance of not killing it, and I have a plan—pretty cool since a good friend of mine is sending me one! Wish me luck.
Yes, good luck! I've heard they need hot humid stale air. Let us know...

Latest posts

Back