New Florida grower

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFLguy

Reaction score
Hey, I just got a paph which is actually my first personal orchid (others I've shared with people) I'm just getting into orchids now but my main focus is still with carnivores :). Unfortunately I can't quite figure out what's on the tag of my paph and wanted to see if anyone could help me ID it. Thanks in advance!
bcc0f49abcb8a85c2e97e25b0c1c39ff.jpg

1f428c2999ec47694625a4efef324187.jpg

I don't know if it has a name but I think your tag reads
(Paph Supersuk 'Eureka' AM/AOS x Paph Raisin Pie 'Hsinying' ) x sib

Not much help....but Welcome !
Thanks for the help! Does the "AM/AOS" have a meaning or is it just part of the name? And is sib short for a certain species name?

WoW! :) AM/AOS means one of the plants of this cross won an "Award of Merit" at an American Orchid Society judging. "sib" means sibling, i.e. crossed with the same cross. Welcome from NYC.

WoW! :) AM/AOS means one of the plants of this cross won an "Award of Merit" at an American Orchid Society judging. "sib" means sibling, i.e. crossed with the same cross. Welcome from NYC.
Nice! I'm actually having a mild case of buyers regret, the other one i could have bought had a deep wine / approaching black color but I'm still very happy with what I have :D

Nice! I'm actually having a mild case of buyers regret, the other one i could have bought had a deep wine / approaching black color but I'm still very happy with what I have :D

No need for regrets. You can still get the other one... :p

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. You have a maudiae paph so enjoy it for what it is. It is my humble option that one vendor has been selling all maudiae paphs under only two different names and that is one of them. They have been doing so for over ten years. So, in my option there is a very high possibility that the parentage is incorrect, yet it still is a maudiae paph. Don't misunderstand, love it, learn from it and enjoy it.

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. You have a maudiae paph so enjoy it for what it is. It is my humble option that one vendor has been selling all maudiae paphs under only two different names and that is one of them. They have been doing so for over ten years. So, in my option there is a very high possibility that the parentage is incorrect, yet it still is a maudiae paph. Don't misunderstand, love it, learn from it and enjoy it.
After looking up the cross online I've come across a few people saying the same thing, but regardless of it's parentage, I still think it's great paph :)

You can always find a dark vinicolor maudiae-type. They're not all that hard to come by. You can probably find one at the Redland Orchid Festival in 2 weeks.

You can always find a dark vinicolor maudiae-type. They're not all that hard to come by. You can probably find one at the Redland Orchid Festival in 2 weeks.
I don't know if I'll be in town for it :( I hope I can go down though

Latest posts

Back