New Cyp just looking out, do you know them?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dido

Hy,
here in this pot are 2 different species.

Find someone out what it could be.

They are small size Cyps.

The right one is plectrochilon and the left one is bardolphilum.
Hopefully I will get a bloom this year.

That is the only bardolphilum from my first seedlings I could grow to an adult plant.
Just baught seedlings again for the next trial.

So did I! It is according to Cribb, but Frosch lists it under "Sinopedilum". Don't know where that came from.

Sorry I am German ande so i agree to Frosch and Eccarius. So much I know made Perner this change in 2008. :confused:

The leaves in my experience are very different. The trigo are hard and bigger, the one from Sinopedilum are more soft. If you put water on both you will see fast the different.
The most different about Perner is the Flower, the pollina has mostly 2 on each side, so they have 4.
New is too that Forrestii is now Cyp Bardolphianmu ssp Forestii.

Does the new book of Eccarius exist in English? It was starting printing in 07.2009 in Germany.

I think it is really good show all kinds in pictures only subtropikum is a print.
Only sinchii is missing at the Moment.
And it shows pictures of ludlowii.

Does the new book of Eccarius exist in English? It was starting printing in 07.2009 in Germany.

No, not that I know of. I do have the book and have seen the classification. I wonder what the consensus view is on the changes he made - or if there is a consensus view. I donated a couple pics for the book and got a copy gratis!

Hmmm I haven't heard of this book by Eccarius until now. I'll probably get a copy, even if it is in German. It would be interesting and fun to try to translate it!

Hmmm I haven't heard of this book by Eccarius until now. I'll probably get a copy, even if it is in German. It would be interesting and fun to try to translate it!

Here's the link: http://www.echinomedia.de/en/titel/gatt_cypripedium/index.shtml

Lots of good photos, reasonably quick shipping (if you pay for it), etc. My only complaint (and it isn't really the fault of the author; more of a timing issue) is that it doesn't include anything on the rediscovery of C. subtropicum. Here's to hoping that Cribb's forthcoming book will cover it: http://www.nhbs.com/title.php?tefno=92348

Latest posts

Back