New Cross

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got another cross back from the flasker: Paph (William Stirling 'West Point' x Paeony 'Regency' AM/AOS)

Here's the capsule parent, Wm. Stirling, which has a leaf span of about 8 inches.
PaphWmStirlingWestPointplant.jpg

And here's the pollen parent, Paeony 'Regency'. The hope is to keep the Wm Stirling's small size while adding the fuller petals of Paeony.

PaphPaeonyRegency.jpg

I like where you're going with that cross. It ought to resemble Surprise Creek or maybe even Ali Taba - but with a bit more going on.

Mycorrhizae said:
I like where you're going with that cross. It ought to resemble Surprise Creek or maybe even Ali Taba - but with a bit more going on.

I kind of had Ali Taba in mind (fingers crossed). Wm. Stirling's parents both have fairrieanum in their background

I've never seen Paph Surprise Creek. Do you have a picture?

paphreek said:
I kind of had Ali Taba in mind (fingers crossed). Wm. Stirling's parents both have fairrieanum in their background

I've never seen Paph Surprise Creek. Do you have a picture?

This is Paph. Surprise Creek (Matchless x fairrieanum) 'Maybrook' AM/AOS - created by the late Bert Wright in his quest to develop "pygmy paphs" long before we ever had the benefit of using Paph. barbigerum or Paph. henryanum in the mix. The natural spread of this flower is only 8cm.

I apologize for the quality of the photo - I just scanned it from a 20+ year old 35mm slide that had begun to delaminate.

scmb.jpg

Latest posts

Back