NEW cross? Paph Paul Parks x wilhelminae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firehawk1972

Reaction score
I acquired this recently at the Orchid show. The First Flower wasn't fully opened, but I thought it looked interesting. Now, both flowers are fully open, and the pedals have lengthened to over a foot long. I have about seven other slippers In Bloom now and I think this is my favorite of all the ones in bloom currently.

I'm considering taking it for judging on Saturday a 10 AOS charging Center. I've Been Told by someone who was huge in the Orchid world that it looks as if it has potential. Also the breeder told me he has no knowledge of this cross having been previously registered. What do you all think?

plVvPuWmj

po0ySGa2j

pn1h4nKhj

por0nrWWj

What do you mean, make them vertical? They are showing up in portrait format for me

It does indeed have potential. First good one I've seen, actually. Personally, I think it is premature to take it in with only two flowers, but you never know.

I acquired this recently at the Orchid show. The First Flower wasn't fully opened, but I thought it looked interesting. Now, both flowers are fully open, and the pedals have lengthened to over a foot long. I have about seven other slippers In Bloom now and I think this is my favorite of all the ones in bloom currently.

I'm considering taking it for judging on Saturday a 10 AOS charging Center. I've Been Told by someone who was huge in the Orchid world that it looks as if it has potential. Also the breeder told me he has no knowledge of this cross having been previously registered. What do you all think?

plVvPuWmj

po0ySGa2j

pn1h4nKhj

por0nrWWj
can't see image.

I don't understand how some people are able to see the images and other people can't see them. Would someone that has more experience with this forum weigh in and tell me what might be going on?

Mislabeled unfortunately. I'd guess that the parentage probably half sanderianum and then there's likely some philippinense genes in there to explain the pouch color.

There may be some issues with Image Shack that would explain why some people can see the pics and others can't. If that doesn't resolve, you may want to try Imgur or another image hosting site.

Several of these have been posted recently. This does appear to be the "best" flower in terms of what most judges and multi-floral fans look for. A Paph wilheminae cross may never get more than 2-3 flowers per spike so that shouldn't stop you if you truly think it is noteworthy, not just nice.

It's not fragrant....and it came from Thanh Nguyen at Springwater Orchids.. He did it, and Im pretty confident in him...he's a very well-known and respected grower and breeder.. As for the images, I've always used imageshack and I've never had anyone tell me they had any problems with my pictures before so I'm very confused

Certain links will show up in a web browser but on phone using tapatalk cant see anything. Im able to see all of them and upright

Nice flowers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firehawk you should look at this thread.
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43076

I bought 4, sold one and bloomed 3 and they all look similar to this one posted. I whole selled these out of Quintal Farms, HI and I know Thanh buys allot from them as well. He may have gotten a miss-labeled plant which you have. Send him a pic and he will be able to help out.

Back