New Camera

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
well, ten years after selling my canon eos 3 for some orchids (thinking i was going to buy a digital slr)..i have finally decided to get the canon 7d..with 100 mm macro Image stabilizer..anyone use this lens? curious to how it compares to the 100mm macro without IS

I take it that this is the same as Nikon's VR (Vibration Reduction). If that is the case, if you are shooting with a tripod, then IS is irrelevant.

i would imagine it's similar technology..some kind of gyrscopic sesnor maybe..i dont know..i like the freedom of not having to have a tripod...i will probably rent the lens first though

Well I have only used the VR and I would say that I it barely makes any difference for me.

I take it that this is the same as Nikon's VR (Vibration Reduction). If that is the case, if you are shooting with a tripod, then IS is irrelevant.

You also have to make sure you turn your VR/IS off when using a tripod otherwise the VR/IS will be counter productive.

Yes and the stabilization effect is the same in still images it is just more obvious in video.

Unless $300 extra is a burden get the stabilized lens. You won't regret having it and you might regret not getting it.

well, not really..at least the lens wont be susceptible to rot

Back