New Book - Genus Paphiopedilum - Albine Forms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Yesterday a new book about the albine forms of the genus Paphiopedilum came from the editor. It is really only a iconography, a book full of pictures, which shows the variability of the genus.
Also shown the 2 albine forms of Phragmipedium and some of Cypripedium are
Just this time it is not available in the normal bookstores, only by Ebay in Germany. But I think there will be also a way to bring this book to USA

Genus Paphiopedilum Albino Forms
Olaf Gruss

All known Albine forms of the genus were shown.

242 pages, 415 pictures, Hardcover

Format 20 x 15 cm.

ISBN 978-83-925110-3-8

Price 32,50 €
OlafGruss-ThegenusPaphiopedilumAlbi.jpg

The publication was possible by private help.
When there is interest then I could place some pages

With best greetings from the snowy Bavaria

Olaf

This is quite an unexpected book, Olaf, congrats!:clap:

Is it in English or German? If it's English, I'd definitely buy a copy if it were available in the US. If German, I'd probably still buy a copy.

--Stephen

Congrat's for a lovely book!

I wonder, wich is the other albino form from Phragmipedium besides longifolium?

Congrat's for a lovely book!

I wonder, wich is the other albino form from Phragmipedium besides longifolium?

besseae... and there has been rumors from last century about a schlimii albino as well, not to mention kovachii "album" that was supposed to exist...

Phragmipedium besseae forma flava and the greenish Phrag. longifolium.
No true white Phrag. schlimii is known only the forma albiflorum with a red opening of the lip.
There a rumors also that there exist a true greenish Phrag. caudatum, but it was never seen, the same is with the whitish Phrag. kovachii. Only a bud was shown but the flower in the end was not an albino.

The foreword was in english, german, chinese, japanese, thai and polish. The chapters include only the correct name of the forma and the pictures, not so much more.
Here the typical beginning of a chapter

OlafGruss-ThegenusPaphiopedilumA-4.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Good work! Bravo Olaf!! I will buying soon as it gets available here in the US.

Ramon:)

I want it!!! How soon will it be available in the US? Glad some of its in English....can handle some German, but its an effort.....My European parents were multilingual....unfortunately they raised an American kid who was typically American unilingual......Take care, Eric

I found it on the German EBay, but have no idea how to order it, or if they can/will ship it to the US. The price seems very reasonable too!

Craig

I ordered mine through Ebay (is it Popow who sells them) I'll let know when I receive it

Thank you Olaf
Very sharp info about albino slippers.
We are still waiting for a good picture or life clone of the P. kovachii aldum. Do you think it is a white colored PK?
Best regards

Latest posts

Back