New Book - Genus Paphiopedilum - Albine Forms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Craig,
it is possible for the ebay seller to ship it to USA.
Dear Eric,
many thanks for the hint. I will contact Benilaca.

Best greetings

Olaf

Congratulations Olaf! You see there is always interest, worldwide...
Remember about the Phrag book??
There is always interest looking everywhere...
Best regards, have a nice weekend in the snowy Baviera

I recieved the book lat night. Congrats, Olaf, very well done!

This a an excellence update and addition for those who already know Olafs Orchid Digest article and a definite must for all Paphioholics who haven't!

Cheers, Carsten

Thanks Olaf.

I took the plunge and ordered 3 copies of the book.
1 for me, maybe 1 for my judging center or one of the orchid societies I belong to and the 3rd....hmmmm

Craig

I'd love to order from Popow the eBay seller, but I'm not quite sure how payment would work. WolfDog1, did you just use PayPal?

For each book I paid 8 Euros for shipping. My grand total for all three copies was 121.50 Euros.....a little over $190 US. I don't think I got a break on the shipping. Looks like there are only 2 copies left...according to the EBay listing.

I also did use PayPal. Since I don't speak German, when I first looked at the listing and stuff it was very hard for me. But somehow when I see the listing now it's in English.

Olaf......are there more printed or another source for your book?

Craig

Last edited:
Dear Craig,
there are really more copies of my book. Popow put only 10 in the 'auction' but he will sell more.

Best greetings

Olaf

Two of my 3 copies of the book arrived. I was a bit surprised to find the format to be smaller than I expected. The book is 15cm X 21cm or about 6in x 8.5in. It is FULL of pictures. I believe there may be more pictures in this one book than several others I have combined. Plus, the pictures are very unique in they give examples of the albino forms of the species. I'm not sure that it covers every paph species, but I cannot think of any that are not represented. A very nice book indeed. I did get an email from the seller that there are more books available. About the only real way to save on shipping is to have him send 24 books at a time. The cost to send my first two was 24 Euros.

Anyway, a nice book to have and maybe we can work a better deal if we could drum up enough to order 24.....or more.

Any takers? I'll correspond and run point on it if we have enough interest.

Craig

Dear Craig,
you can be sure, that all known albine forms of Paphiopedilum are included, also some dobtful and some undescribed

Best greetings

Olaf

LOL! Nice Eric.
I'm so surprised that you're the only one so far that wants one.
If there are no other takers, I'll sell you the 'extra' copy that I have
for just what I paid.

It's a very interesting book.
There's no language barrier because it really is a book of pictures.
The pictures pretty much speak for themselves. The book is 242 pages with a few extra pages at the end for notes. I am approximating, but I would say on average 2 pictures per page....many have 3 or 4. That's just about 500 pictures in this book. You get type pictures for many of the species as well as the albino forms.

I am very glad that I got it. It's a great addition to my library.

Any more takers? I was originally thinking of auctioning the extra book to benefit the forum, but it may have to go to NYEric instead. :( :poke:

I'll wait another week to see if more people want in on it before I decide.

Olaf has contributed a lot to our forum and I'm so happy to have this book of his.

Craig

Wow! I feel like I was sitting in the car at a stop light and this thug with a gun came to the window and...["am i really getting jacked?!?"]..

Latest posts

Back