New arrival

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

Paph Hsinying Franz (roths 'In Charm' x Stoned Susan 'In Charm') arrived this morning. I emailed a nursery asking what EYOF Paphs they had in stock and this was one of them but the clonal names are making me wonder ....

Anyway,

PaphHsinyingFranz.jpg

As you can see it's big plant with a previously bloomed growth, a second growth that looks blooming size to me and a smaller growth. I'm hoping I'm not too deluded to keep my fingers crossed for a spike in the next few months. Just need to find some space for it.

There's no arguement that it has bloomed before, but it still takes several years for each growth to mature. Do you know how old that new growth is?
I think 5 years is a bit too much, but I'd have to go with at least 2 years before it blooms.
For your sake I hope you can :p & it's sooner!

most looked like a fat-dark Susan Booth or a stubby Lady Isabel. 3 > 4 flrs first bloom. petal ~ 1.5cm X 12cm; won't be anywhere near P.E.Y.'s length [or shape].
keep on dryer side, increase tempt to high 70s/ low 80s > next leaf should be sheath [3 > 6 months]. daily, 2 > 4 hours direct cool-morning sun = spike w/in 6 months.

Latest posts

Back