New additions brought home today!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakkai

Reaction score
Where to start?? I should start by saying, I think I went a bit over board, but there were a least half a dozen other plants that I had picked up and put back!! So, I could have done a lot more damage to my pocketbook. :p

Hybrid Paphs:

Kee Chin Lim (malipoense ‘Tracery’ x platyphyllum ‘Ruth Kennedy’)
Saint Pinot (St. Swithin ‘Longbarrow’ x Pinocchio ‘Halo’)
Saint Armel (St. Swithin x armeniacum)
Wössner China Moon (armeniacum x hangianum)
NR. (Lady Isabel ‘CS’ x vietnamense)
NR. (Lady Isabel ‘#1’ x niveum ‘Snowflake’)
Christiana Richards (Conco-bellatulum ‘Butterball’ x malipoense ‘Legionnaire’)

Species Paphs:
henryanum ‘Pink Panther’
vietnamense (THE most gorgeous leaves!!)

Phrags: (Not any EYOF Phrags that I didn't already have, Eric. Sorry!)
Hanne Popow (schlimii x besseae forma flavum)
NR. (Silver Rose ‘Pick n Mix’ x besseae forma flavum)

Phew! Now I need to go play with my Christmas presents!! :drool:

I'd say you're having a merry Christmas! :drool:
PS.There was only more damage to pocketbook if BS plants were purchased!

Awesome!! That Christiana Richards sounds really interesting...I can't wait to see a bloom! Merry Christmas to you!!! :D

:wink: Only 4 of the Paphs are BS. The others are seedlings. As I grow my Paphs cooler than most people recommend, I have found that seedlings adapt more readily (or they die). BS plants have sulked and seem to take much longer to adjust to my growing conditions.

Great haul!

vietnamense does have goregous leaves, one of those species that's worth growing for the foliage alone.

Thanks, Elena, this is so true! I have read that the mottling is quite variable. The one I have has the darkest (near black) markings. Simply beautiful in and of themselves.

This was the only photo I could find of a Christiana Richards:
http://www.orchidarium.pl/Galeria/galeria.php?obraz=3814

It was enough to convince me!

Nice purchases! :clap: Here is a picture of the first blooming of my Christiana Richards.

PaphChristianaRichards-1.jpg

Nice purchases! :clap: Here is a picture of the first blooming of my Christiana Richards.

PaphChristianaRichards-1.jpg

:drool::drool:
That is so beautiful! Thank you for posting the photo. I can't wait to see mine bloom now....

I didn't realise that. These are plants from the first crosses made by Nick at Ratcliffes. I guess its a good thing that I got a besseae f. flavum at the British Orchid Congress this past October.

Here is a photo of the sibling of my plant:

Latest posts

Back