New acquisitions and Setup

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my favorites to look for:

Myoxanthus cimex
Dryadella zebrina
Dresslerella pilosissima
Lepanthes calodictyon
Masdevallia chaparensis
Masdevallia yungasensis ssp. yungasensis
Masdevallia hartmanii
Pleurothallis tarantula
Pleurothallis cyanea
Pleurothallis marthae
Pleurothallis pectinata

Jon
________
Buy silver surfer

Last edited:
OO!!! neat alien-antennae lookin petals on the myoxanthus!!
Im going to have to look for the Dresslerella pilosissima - thats awesome, and should well compliment the appearance of my cypripedioides!
Lepanthes calodictyon has actually been on my list for a while, as well as bibarbullatum - i love the marbled leaf lepanthes' - great suggestion, ill have to try and snag one
The hartmanii looks really cool - im going to try and get a masd. ignea as well. should do well together, right?
I've been thinking about getting a tarantula too, but i havent really gotten into the broad leaf pleuros too much yet. I'm still going for as miniature as possible - i live in a tiny apartment, and i figure the best way to have a ton of orchids without drowning in them is to have teeny ones! :D

Thanks for the great suggestions! ill get as many suggestions from others as possible, and then make up a list. if anyone close to my area wants me to pick them up something while im up there, to save the shipping cost - let me know.

I got my Dresslerella from J&L at the last MAOC, so they should have some.
Other marble leaved Lepanthes include:
calodictyon
saltatrix
tentaculata
barbelliferum
dictydion(very tiny plant)

I also always liked Masdevallia patula, and J&L has them as well.

Jon
________
Jaguar Xk140

Last edited:
I don't think you can beat Scaphosepalums and Porroglosums for wierd.

I have S fimbriata, and the flower is pretty good size for a scaph, and very weird. If you don't already have any hygometers I suggest getting a couple. Humidity is more critical for plueros than allot of other species.

Restrepias are pretty neat too, and more tolerant than most pleuros.

I got the trisetella hoejieri, and scaph. fimbriatum - that one particularly caught my eye! ive got a hygrometer in there, and its pretty steady between 65-75%, and temperature of 65-70 F. Ill have to check out the porroglossums more, thanks!

You may need to get the humidity more in the 70 to 80% range, or it will tend to get allot of black spots on the leaves, and drop leaves too often. This will keep the plant kinda small and stunted, although it will bloom under these conditions.

I noticed that Jon had P tarantula on his list. I have one of these too, and it is very tolerant of my greenhouse conditions (a tad dryer, and brighter). Its a very large plant compared to most pleuros.

Latest posts

Back