New acquisition paul parks x gardenarii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy

Reaction score
A true recipient for ugliest paph of year award, who would cross these..? I thought it said gigantifolim on ebay not paying attention lol..

0f2c0bd0add7e42f9d40ff454d83c322.jpg

28bbb503c4187bad578174bacc65e5ad.jpg

7f25ada2a22835997409e3762e94fbbe.jpg

The root system is very bad, angela, I got this by mistake, I could not come up with a reason to make a gardenarii x paul parks cross, I thought it was paul parks x gigantifolium, when I realised what it was when I won it was too late, I didn't want to tell the guy no.....because the cross sucks, because I have gotten other good plants from him, but getting the package in the shape I got it in aarrgghh lol...

Well, adding gardenarii would lower the flower count to 2 because it always does, oblong the pouch and undo the round dorsel that adductum added... I'm stuck with it now...

Well, lower flower count but reducing the plant size is among the best contribution gardineri adds, although in this particular cases, not so much so.
Who knows, it might be mislabeled or it might give you over 3 flowers per spike?

Pouch shape, I though all the multis have that long squarish pouch with some having this ugly "chin" sticking out. lol

Well gardenariis pouch is long and it usually passes that on to progeny, with adductum x gardenarii pouch should be an interesting outcome. Also gardenarii shortens the petal length by a longshot. I was hoping for gigantifolium, that would add a darker smaller pouch with a higher flower count

I think a good cross for gardenarii is roth or roth primary, or a unifloral like hirsutussimum or tonsum....

Can we please not start this?
I know there was an incident between the two of you, but he was banned temporarily for that, and now he's back.
Why scratch it up all over again here when we are talking about plants?

Thanks wendy, I was just looking at it, the leaves are just a little wider than hirsutussimum leaves thick and rounded on the end, I don't think that is consistent with the cross

At least it wasn't stolen.
There is a at least one thief at South Amboy post office now.

I've got one of these, which I also bought somewhat inexpensively on Ebay. It's quite compact for a multi-floral paph perhaps just a bit smaller than my other gardneri/wilhelminae hybrids. It has attempted to bloom a few times, and then last summer it finally managed to succeed. However, all the flowers were deformed. I think/hope it was environmental in nature. There were 3 or 4 flowers, and each had a unique set of deformities.

Deformities aside, there were some redeeming qualities. The flowers were nice and dark. Petals were obviously not long like a sander primary hybrid, but they were proportionately lengthy enough that you might guess it had some sander genes if you didn't know the ID.

My main complaint was the fact that the spike was disproportionately tall, and the flowers were spaced too far apart. Had the petals been long and pendant, the spacing would have been fantastic.

And as a counter argument regarding flower count, I have several gardneri/wilhelminae hybrids and they've all produced spikes with 3 - 4 flowers on them. I've got one in spike right now with 3 buds! So there's hope.

Thanks mr happyrotter, I'm going to care for this one the same as all my others, I have hope, although, I did want a paul parks x gigantifolium...... oh well

Back