Never again Norman's orchids!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

So I just got off the phone with Norman's orchids. Their phone reps are smarmy. He told me that the plant they sent me was "not atypical of the other Oncidium intergenerics that Norman's sells." They did offer me a refund for the plant, but could not offer me an exchange because all the other Smile Eri's they have are just as bad, if not worse than this one.

normansbllra6.jpg

normansbllra7.jpg

I can (and have) purchase healthier Oncidiums twice this size at Trader Joes for $14! And people wonder why orchid vendors are going out of business.

So I am not shopping with Norman's anymore. I don't want to have to take the chance that plants that I order are trash. If I wanted to babysit plants I could buy the one's that are dying at Home Depot. Which is a shame, because when Norman's send a nice plant, it is very nice. They lost a $300 order I had been planning for weeks. Anyone know of a vendor who carries quality Oncidium intergenerics besides the Hawaii growers?

That really sucks John. I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

The only place that would have intergenerics , that I've have experience with, is Oakhill I've never ordered intergenerics with them, but, I've order quality paph and phals from them. They were mainly seedlings though.

one thing I can't stand is a punk vendor who sends a bad or marginal plant, then has the gall to act like nothing happened. your story isn't the first one I've heard about them, though.

Both Oakhill and Orchids by Hauserman have high quality plants including various oncidium intergenerics. I've bought in person from both of them, but I've never had anything shipped so I can't speak to how well things travel.

Back