Nepenthes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, there aren't any females in bloom. I don't usually attempt crosses, and frequently cut the flower stalks.

Thanks to all for the compliments and good growing,
Paul
If you have any bloom soon please let me know, I’m always looking for more pollen for females here. And I must ask... has your Edwardsiana bloomed before? 👀

Mine bloomed...and then died?
The plant actually thrived outside over the summer. It vined and climbed up a 4 x 4 post and was about 3 foot tall. The pitchers were a large size. At the end of summer it bloomed. When I moved it inside it started going downhill. I repotted it, removing as much of the old sphagnum moss as I could, but they have such a fibrous root system I couldn’t remove much of it...The previous winter it did good and grew indoors, but after moving it inside it didn’t like it. And died. One interesting bit though...ants seemed to be magnetically drawn to the pitchers. The gruel inside the pitcher they were after, but many of them died in the pitcher. There was always a line of them going to it. I have watched for a Nepenthese hamata, hard to find and expensive but they are toothy cool.

I love Nepenthes too ---- and used to grow them a long time ago. Did extremely well in big fish-tanks, but quickly out-grew the fish-tanks, and I had a constraint ----- as in no plans to have a green-house, which would very nicely support Nepenthes in the tropics here. So I only grow orchids now - which don't require a green-house in the tropics here. But ----- I love Nepenthes as much as I love orchids.

Latest posts

Back