Nepenthes Update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
So, perhaps you remember my leggy nepenthes that I cut back last winter. I cannot believe it made it through, but here it is! This is the second round of new pitchers forming since I cut it back.

It's back outside now (thank goodness) and has been since probably March. I spray it (with TAP!) twice a day. I still give it some distilled occasionally but it seems to be fine with the tap water spray so I haven't been obsessing about the water like I was before. I think it looks pretty good!

I keep telling Robert it's a miracle I've kept HIS plant alive. LOL. Has he even watered it? no. I think he thought he was doing me a favor when he bought it but I totally didn't want it because I didn't think it would live. I'm already dreading the bathtub months ahead tho!

Like orchids, Nepenthes are very resilient plants!

Nice job

Last I tried a nepenthes I'd gone back to school living in housing co-op; it was drying out in my room so I put it in window of communal bathroom/showers. The big morning fogs from showers rotted it. Couldn't win, learned lesson, admire the natives in a bog :)

Nice job

Last I tried a nepenthes I'd gone back to school living in housing co-op; it was drying out in my room so I put it in window of communal bathroom/showers. The big morning fogs from showers rotted it. Couldn't win, learned lesson, admire the natives in a bog :)
If you're close to a Sarracenia bog i envy you haha
That being said, nepenthes and sarracenia are not related genera, one thing many people don't realize is that they need distilled water to grow or their roots can burn. Overwatering will definitely kill them though hahaha

Latest posts

Back