Nepenthes Miranda...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
My nepenthes Miranda has grown upper pitchers again..! :D The parentage of Miranda is (Mixta x maxima) or ((maxima x northiana) x maxima)... The upper pitchers are vastly different from the lower pitchers... Here it is :):
IMG_2061.jpg

And a closer look at the peristome (the mouth of the pitcher):
IMG_2063.jpg

:D

Nepenthes spike...

Miranda is currently flowering. The spike is about 2 feet (60cms) long, and bears hundreds of small flowers, each with 4 petals. This is a 'boy' plant, so all the flowers are male... :D
IMG_2270.jpg

Closeup... Flowers are green when freshly opened, but turn dark red the next day. Each flower lasts about a week...
IMG_2275.jpg

:)

That is awesome Paphioboy. I like the nepanthes too. Orchids Limited usually has several species in their catalog. I've also seen them for sale at Wild Oats / Whole Foods health food stores.

Nepenthes ampullaria...

Here is another nepenthes, Nep.ampullaria... It has also grown very tall, around 6 feet in height... But I don't want it to grow like that.. Can anyone please tell me how to grow nep ampullaria that stays short and bears clusters of pitchers near the ground, like they do in the wild? Mine vines and doesn't bear many pitchers. Is it a light/medium issue? :confused:or do I have to trim it so that it produces side-branches? Thanks... :)
Nepenthesampullaria.jpg

Latest posts

Back