Nepenthes Miranda...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nepenthes2.jpg

I like the posture of the plant!!!! Dragon... snake... :D

Nepenthes...strange plant

so many people who care for plants want to know the correct and best way to grow them and try to provide ultra-special conditions...here is a Nepenthes growing on a shelf in the Paris Hermes store...the plant was full of pitchers some almost hanging to the floor....when I asked them about it, the salespeople knew nothing...I wonder how they care for it...perhaps I shall write to them and then share the answer...see photos attached

Attachments

• send nepenthes 2.jpg
    send nepenthes 2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 13
  • send nepenthes 3.jpg
    send nepenthes 3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 11
Nepenthes Mirranda is a really easy to grow plant (at least here..). :) it likes lots of light, regular nepenthes medium, which is anything that absorbs water and remains airy (just like for paphs), but little nutrients.. And try to keep humidity high, if not pitchers will not develop properly. :)

Update...

IMG_2469.jpg

There's a second spike at the bottom as well... :D:D BTW, in case anybody's wondering, that's Grammatophyllum speciosum in the background... :p It was grown from a seedling in 2003 and now has more than 10 'canes' and is as tall as I am (183cms).. :D still waiting for it to flower...

very nice! If I had space and humidity, I would grow Nepenthes... I've tried a couple of small ones but the humidity drop in the winter was too much :(

Back