Nepenthes 'Miranda'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dustywoman

Sorry, It's not an orchid, but I didn't know where else to post photos of it. It's one of those 'impulse' buys. :evil: I bought one for my daughter and (of course) I just happened to need one for myself. It's just in the house, so I'll have to work on hanging them lower and getting more light.

Still, these are amazing plants!

DSCN9938.jpg

These guys must be able to trap some huge bugs. This particular pitcher is 9" in length. The pitchers are very leathery to the touch. The colors are wonderful.

DSCN9937.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Nepenthes are one of those plants that start as impulse buys and end up taking over half of your house. It's worth it. They are interesting plants, check out Nepenthes bicalcurata and Nepenthes hamata if you haven't already, they are truly frightening. Even my cat avoids the hamata.

wow! that's a big one you got there... ;P Nepenthes are pretty easy to care for, well at least here in the tropics. just give them lots of bright light and humidity... and watch out that it doesn't become a huge vine... Miranda can do that, especially when they want to flower.... =) good luck!

Hi Peter! I bought them at Skillins Greenhouses here in Falmouth, Maine. I think this is the only time of year that you can get them. I remember going there last Fall and they didn't have any. I imagine that they may have a web site if you are interested, though I'd imagine that these would be difficult to ship.

Also, if you are going to the NH Orchid Society meeting on April 14'th, I could pick one up and bring it down for you if you are interested.

My daughter is going to be thrilled to get one. She loves these plants!!!

Hi Heather,

Yup, I'm hoping to go. If I can find the place. I looked it up on MapQuest. There doesn't seem to be any direct way to get there from here. (ayuh...)

BTW, it's snowing like crazy here. The Maine Winter is not giving up without a fight! :(

Latest posts

Back