Neovnda Blaupunkt (neo.falcata x v.coerulescens)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

L I Jane

I got this from Phrag (John) sometime ago & he wanted to see it when it bloomed. So here's for you John & thank you!!
Neovndablaupunktneofalcataxcoerules.jpg

That's beautiful. John, are you sorry now that you got rid of it?

Not at all. It wasn't growing for me, so I am very happy that someone else can enjoy it. I don't know what it is, but mounted orchids die horrible deaths in my growing area. It doesn't make sense, because I have great humidity. My potted orchids spit out tons of aerial roots but mounted orchids suffer. Any ideas?

I secretly suspect that the reason Jane can make orchids bloom like this, is that she whispers sweet poetry to them every morning. I tried whispering poetry to my orchids once, and they filed a restraining order. :)

Nice one. It looks very similar to one that I've got.

It doesn't make sense, because I have great humidity. My potted orchids spit out tons of aerial roots but mounted orchids suffer. Any ideas?

I've had the same problem. My mounted plants are all that are left not growing in s/h. My humidity isn't as good as yours(probably) but I've upped the watering this year and they seem much happier. I installed a misting/automatic watering system this year so I can water them more than everything else in the g.h. So far the increased watering has made a big difference. Maybe try to water more often?

Latest posts

Back