Neofinetia (Vanda) Gojo-Fukurin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattWoelfsen

Reaction score
This is one of the easier Furan to acquire--inexpensive and often available. It grows easily into a large clump. It's leaves are long and striped.

d35bc3b355bca1d5cbd4691d4186338b.jpg

d6a7f8c20e438867288613119c961d87.jpg

Leaves are very long on yours.
Mine is almost a miniature. lol

Good flowering habit! Are there two spikes on one growth and one on the other??

Also, how would you compare the fragrance to "typical" green leafed neo or others??

My Amami Island strain and Kinrokaku have very strong nice fragrane, but my Gojofukurin has a weak scent and not as sweet.

Thank you all for your kind words. Happy, this plant has four fans, three keiki. Three of the four fans have a flower stalk each. The scent is basically the same Neofinetia scent but there are variation of that scent.

Like you have observed, green leafed plants have a deeper scent than Gojo. If you can understand that?

If there was a scent scale, variegated Furan scent is basically three notes. Green leafed Furan would have five notes. Bean leaf Furan seem to have seven notes.

Colored flowers seem to have two or one note. Hisui however, has a scent that is a three note but more towards a sub-note that seem astringent or citric.

This is my own scale. When you have as many Furan in bloom right now, it is very easy to detect different nuances in the fragrance. I probably read like I am bonkers! LOL.

I find there is significant variation of the Neo scent from variety to variety. Some are definitely better than others.

Lovely plant and lots of flowers...that's wonderful! I find that all the variations of the Neo scent to be very appealing, although I don't have The Nose to detect much
of the lower notes of fragrances.

Back