Neofinetia question(s)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think light does affect inking. At least it seems to affect it for me. I recently moved my two neos to a place where they get some sun and new leaves definitely show more inking.

Thanks everyone

Olga - What variety are the two neos that you are referring to?

Lothian - yes it is the tenkei...one of my favorite variegateds next to the akebono :)

One is Shutenno, the other is Nishidemiyako. Frankly, both look better without inking. I guess I should move them back.

I have another question about my neo...since it has stopped flowering there has been no growth and all the root tips have stopped growing. Is this normal or is just in shock since I moved it and transplanted it?

It may still be recovering. I have some neos that are like that. Some have some growths and roots just don't move for a while than they have their sporadic spurts. From what I gather from speaking to to people this is more so after there winter rest. Perhaps your neos may getting a cold snap?

From my limited experience I would say just give stick it right in front of a fan thats on high. give it phal light and make sure to go no longer than one day of complete dryness and your neo will be happy.

I noticed that on my neos too. The plant seems to go dormant with no active leaf/root growth for nearly a month after flowering. I guess blooming takes too much energy? Although after 2-3 weeks the plants all go back into growing mode. :)

There's something pink growing on my Benisuzume at the moment, no idea if it's a growth or a spike. How fast do these develop? I'm not terribly patient :eek:

Latest posts

Back